Monday, April 28, 2008

Sorry, I'll give you a summary of what John Shaw said.

aperature at f16, shutter speed between 200-250, flash, and make sure you are close enough to your subject so that the flash actually lights it up (roughly 12 inches for my lens). It is supposed to work really well to capture insects in motion and not having to use a tripod to set the picture up. Unfortunately I didn't get to try it with the insects because their weren't any around. (I bet that's a shocker, isn't Shell?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm . . . interesting. I wonder how it would look with an insect. And BTW - yes i'm very suprised as I'm still recovering from my fire ant bite. Maybe you were in the wrong section of the grass. Go towards the ones with the little piles of dirt . . .

Kris said...

ha! ha! yes, i did see a fire ant mound but steered clear of it.